The following information constitutes our privacy notice. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Landlords and Letting
Our registered office is at Clearwell Cottage, Boulters Lane SL6 8TJ.
You can contact us by e-mail about privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (personal information) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, process means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
2. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that you are entitled to know that your personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by you, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
3. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
4. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
5. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
6. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website or otherwise.
Personal information we may process We aim to process data, whether personal data or not, only to the extent necessary for us to provide our clients with our services and for other agreed purposes. Often we may aggregate information in a general way and use it to provide class information. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
Personal information that we may process may include: Client information If you are a client, personal information may include your identity and contact information, information about your family members, and financial information. We may also process information deemed to be special category information, such as your race or ethnic origin, and information about criminal records. In most cases, your personal data will have been provided to us by you. However, with your consent, or if it is necessary in order to provide you with our services, we may have obtained your personal data from a third party source. Related third party information We may process your personal data if you have a personal or business connection with any of our clients or suppliers. For example, you may be a family member, business partner, other adviser, supplier or transaction counterparty. The data we process may include contact information, information about your business activities, and financial information such as that relating to income and expenses. We may be given your personal data by our clients or suppliers, or by third parties acting on the instructions of a client or a supplier. Supplier information If you supply our business with goods or services, including subcontracted services that we supply to our clients, then we may process your personal information. However, we do so only to the extent necessary to contract with you. The bases on which we process information about you The law requires us to determine under which of six defined grounds we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
7. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you When a contract is formed between you and us, in order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process personal information. As examples, a contract between us could be formed by:
your signing an agreement to allow us to act as agent for you
your signing an agreement to allow us to carry out services required in order to let or to buy a property
your agreement to our terms and conditions when you register on our website We use your information in order to provide you with our services under that contract, for example:
to help you find properties, prospective buyers or tenants
to verify your identity for security purposes
to carry out credit checks and to obtain personal references
to provide other parties with whom you have expressed interest to contract and their representatives with sufficient information to make a decision as to whether to enter into a contract with you, and then to enter into a contract with you
to negotiate on your behalf
to provide you with advice
to pay rent we have collected into your bank account
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
8. Information we process with your consent
Only when you have given us explicit permission to do so, do we process your personal information under the basis of consent. For example, you might have agreed that we may track your actions on our website or pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by telling us. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our services further.
9. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest of doing so, either to you or to us. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
responding to communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
10. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
11. Communicating with you
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
Policies underwritten by Axa Insurance, Brit Insurance, Ageas Insurance, Fairmead Insurance, LV=, Nig Insurance, Axis Insurance
Designed for Landlords and administered by Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited trading as Rentguard.
Sureweb Ltd is an introducer appointed representative of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Sitemap Advertising Rentals ASTs Finding tradesmen Government Regulations Landlord Insurance Terminology Latest Landlord News